The Lake Winnipeg Writers’ Group would like to reinvite all members and non-members to the rescheduled Annual General Meeting on December 4th, 2022 at 1:30PM. This AGM will be held both at the Smitty’s restaurant in Selkirk, as well as on Zoom for those who are not able to attend in person.
At and following the last meeting (November 20th) the LWWG received much feedback from members asking to have the AGM rescheduled in an attempt to meet in person and further discuss the selling off of old editions of the Voices journal and closing down of group operations.
Among discussions at the executive meeting on November 20th included:
- Interest in membership over the past year, but lack of executives to manage group and publish Voices journal.
- The mailing out of physical contributor copies.
* contributors will be contacted for address details
- In an effort to sell remaining inventory, back issues will be reduced to a price of $5 each with the seller keeping $2. The LWWG cannot remain open and sell books.
- Some meeting attendees suggested remaining on hiatus for a second year without collecting memberships or publishing any editions of Voices to see if a new direction and/or executives will emerge. Further discussion about this will take place sometime during the next year.
- Any memberships for the year 2022 will be refunded and website & treasury operations will continue as normal to allow for inventory blowout and reevaluation.
To read the full details of discussion, please see the full meeting minutes on the LWWG website.
We will be holding this AGM on Zoom as well at the link provided below.
Topic: LWWG Rescheduled AGM
Time: Dec 4, 2022 01:30 PM Winnipeg
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 810 9157 0871
To dial in by your location, find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kCi52erCQ
We hope to see you there.